Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Utter Deliciousness

Oi gente! When V first told me that he stocks Trader Joe's frozen shrimp, I laughed. "Who eats frozen shrimp?" I asked scornfully. What an ignorant fool I was. I had never even been into a Trader Joe's, but I got curious (huge surprise, I'm sure) and as my time and funds dwindled, frozen shrimp became an increasingly intriguing prospect. Well glory be to the power above, beause those damn shrimp have saved me on many occasions. Tonight may have been their ultimate moment, yet the meal was beyond simple - I was actually worried about the paucity of ingredients, but it turned out to be just perfect. I'll go backwards:

Dinner: These black beans. Shrimp tacos - first marinated the shrimp in olive oil, salt, and chipotle powder and then sauteed it with olive oil and garlic. I heated some corn tortillas and put the shrimp, avocado, cilantro, and a squeeze of lime over it all and it was utter deliciousness. The bowl of black beans on the side was phenomenal as well... I forget a) how much i love black beans and b) how perfectly they partner with lime. Good thing I always have limes around as I was squeezing them over everything like there was no tomorrow. I tried to take pictures but they didn't come out.

Lunch: a bowl of Total Fage 2% yogurt with blueberries and honey. Meager and birdlike, I know. What can I say.

Breakfast: one egg over easy and toasted baguette with butter and jam. coffee.

C'est le dîner chez moi!

No comments: