Saturday, June 21, 2008

Been Gone For a Minute



My friend, looking over my shoulder just now, reacted thusly to this photo: "Ewwww-wuh!"
She obviously cannot appreciate the finer things in life!

Almoco, pictured above, was especially delicious today. I passed on the hot option (unappealing meatloaf, white and brown rice, beans) and loaded up on salads instead: lettuce leaves with mango slices; shredded beets with green olive rounds, farmer's cheese, and tomato wedges; new potatoes with onions, parsley, and vinegar; leftover cold pasta with broccoli and chorizo; cauliflower with red peppers and kale (?). Squeezed half a lime over everything. Topped off with a glass of mango juice, a persimmon, and some chocolate pudding.

This, of course, followed cafe da manha, during which I consumed: a mango, several slices of honeydew melon, a cup of yogurt with granola and sliced banana, half a crusty roll with farmer's cheese and guava spread, and water.

At various points during the day I ate an apple or two and also a Kashi Chocolate Almond bar. After a long day in "the field" sampling soil and other abiotic conditions, I am eagerly awaiting dinner. T minus 45.

P.S. I guess that puddin' does look a little suspect....

2 comments:

Clara said...

now im back let me hit it.

MMM yessss more pics please. I've been living on kashi bars and yogurt and apples since I've been in DC so it makes me feel better to see others eating real food.

Anonymous said...

Aww H, you are the original H :) I would love to take a culinary food tour with you, just to watch you consume these things!!! Are you going to Argentina, the land of meat? When? xo