Wednesday, October 8, 2008

A Not-So-Memorable Day of Meals

Breakfast: Bowl of oatmeal (microwaved - I was in a hurry). Spoonful of peanut-butter.

Lunch: 3-day-old bagel toasted with salami (no spread, cheese, veggies, nothing). As aweful as the sandwich sounds, the salami was hella tasty. I think it's a good meat for sandwiches when the fridge is lacking just cause it packs so much flavor on its own.

Dinner: Chicken burrito. Handful of baby carrots. Sliced Macoun apple (Highlight of my day of food. Gene sent them from CT...get 'em while they're still around, New Haveners!).

Who said we can't take anything away from such crummy (no pun intended!) days?

3 comments:

H said...

Every day--every SINGLE day--of kindergarten through fourth grade, I had the same thing for lunch: unadorned genoa salami on a Lender's egg bagel. Guess you don't have to worry about cholesterol when you're 4-8.... Also, MAN I am missing Bishop's apples right now. How did euGene send them to you? What a guy!

DJ said...

haha! that's so funny about the bagel...must have been kosher salami. eugene always used to grab it from the store too back in the day (van would eat turkey, which i didn't get into until much later). i don't really know how he sent them, but i'm guessing bishops did it, since each apple fit perfectly into its own foam encasing (prevents bruises). i've been spreading the love around so people appreciate the tastiness.

H said...

Hell no, it weren't kosher! It was genuine GENOA, as in the Italian province, a delicious pork product complete with whole peppercorns in the actually salami (giving you nice little flat pepper rounds when you slice it thin). My dad didn't find God again until I was like 11 and I still regret those several years I spent without Italian cold cuts and sausages....

My parents arrive tomorrow morning and I sent my mom to Edge of the Woods today to pick me up some H&H bagels--now I'm thinking I should ask her to wrap up a few apples as well. Think they'll make them through customs?