Friday, October 17, 2008

Can Guiness Count as Dinner?

OK so yesterday was not the best day for eating; in fact, I can't attribute my obama-like figure to my absurdly fast metabolism anymore if I'm going to eat like I did yesterday.

I had an early morning court date and skipped breakfast cause I was later than Rizzo after a night with Kenickie (zing!). Lunch was pretty blaze though. I went to this spot called Free Foods and had a small pice of salmon topped with pucini mushrooms, swordfish with grape tomatoes and yellow bell peppers, a carmelized potato wrapped in steak, and some penne with tuna. Dessert was a chocholate swirl cheesecake from Magnolia's with a chocolate pudding-like center. It was otherwordly.

Met someone for drinks after work and since I knew dinner wasn't happening soon I consciously ordered a Guiness (well, five of 'em actually) in order to keep my calorie count up there. I eventually got a piece of pizza late night once I was back on the UES but hunger remained.

Then this morning was oatmeal with raisins and brown sugar. Work is slow these days so my officemate and I went to Pompano, a Mexican restaurant on 49th and 3rd. Apparently there's a nice restaurant and a more casual foodcourt but we hit up the restaurant. I had a sort of seafood paella: octopus, squid, scallops, and shrimp over cilantro rice in a coconut sauce. BLAZE. Sara got the skirt steak with portobello mushroom and garlic-chorizo mashed potatoes. Also blaze.

4 comments:

DJ said...

HAHA! That lunch sounds pretty ridic...though knowing you, you are probably ate a finger-full of each dish listed (zing!). What's the UES by the way?

Clara said...

Actually, Guiness has a very low cal count. FYI. only about 125, to be exact.

If you wanna get fat off beer, stick to high alc. volume beers (double or triple bock). Madd calories.

Clearly my expertise lies in calorie counts of alcoholic beverages. Clara over and out.

H said...

In terms of big-name beers, I've heard Corona packs the most calorie-bang for your buck if you wanna keep on with the liquid cenas. Also JESUS what a gourmet. And so casual about it. Is all this on the company dime? Can you pencil me in as a business lunch when I return?

DJ said...

http://www.realbeer.com/edu/health/calories.php

cfv, since when have you been on food game?