Thursday, August 7, 2008

Letters in the Mail

I received a lovely letter from Ms. Honeycut in the mail today explaining her reasons for not joining food game. She's not cooking, or eating well. Um, neither am I - I'm about to prove it! That is not good enough, Honeycut. I am waiting for you. You related tales of iced tea, fried chicken, and gin in your letter, so I'll venture that some of that (not all...) can be committed to the blog-o-sphere. Just to prove my point (and to get this thing up and running again), let me paint a picture of what I consumed today. I'm not saying it will be pretty...!

Breakfast: Hm. Did I eat breakfast? I can't remember. I think one of the first signs of nutrient deficiency is a failing short-term memory. Oh, wait...I think I had coffee. And maybe something else. But I don't remember what. Moving on...

Lunch: I ate a turkey, bacon, and cheddar flatbread sandwich from Dunkin' Donuts. Yes, Dunkin' Donuts. Comment all you want!!! It was free. Look out for that coupon on your iced coffee... those of you in school or on a budget will know what I'm talking about. I'm tryna make a dollar out of fifteen cents.

Snack: The remains of a chocolate peanut butter sundae that is just out of this world (if you know me, I have most likely told you about it) ... possibly the only leftover food I will eat. Kidding! See above note re: budget.

Dinner: I read this really mouthwatering recipe for roasted eggplant with tomatoes in a Patricia Wells cookbook and bought an eggplant thinking it would be a quick and delicious summer meal. I neglected to read the part about having to cook it at 450 degrees for an hour and a half ... not so summery. I think it was the grape tomatoes I used instead of the standard size, but they did not release juices as they were supposed to and so the dish was ultimately kind of underwhelming. Oh well. I ate it anyway (15¢ = $1).

Oh yes. I also drank lots of water with lime and some berry-flavored juice I picked up in Whole Foods when suddenly struck with a camel-in-the-desert type thirst. It reminded me of Juicy Juice.

'Til tomorrow, ragazzi!

1 comment:

Jazione said...

I ate a chocolate middle finger