Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Daily Eats

I'm taking this blog back to its beginnings by posting what I eat every day, because it helps me to be more attentive to my eating habits and hold myself accountable for what I actually put in my body. And, since we all know that food is one of my favorite topics of conversation, I hope some of you will also be inspired to comment or post what you are eating in response so that we can share. It's a way of keeping in touch!

Monday is my loooooooong day with six hours of work followed by six hours of class. I literally leave home at 8:30 am and get back at 9:30 pm. Since the semester is just getting started, I'm just beginning to figure out how this is going to work and what kinds of food I can bring to sustain me throughout the day. So, Monday:

Breakfast: coffee, glazed donut stick, banana.
Snack/Lunch: tangerine and half a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.
Snack: mini-Twix and mini-Milky Way, chex mix.
Dinner: Vegetable soup - a total hodgepodge of vegetables (including potatoes, carrots, tomatoes, celery, parsnip, and carrot greens) with quinoa and soba noodles for bulk and cilantro, lime, and tomatillo salsa for flavor/heat. Sounds bizarre but it was soooo good! And a glorious piece of Whole Foods Seeduction bread rubbed with garlic, topped with Gruyere cheese, and toasted. Heaven.

So far today:
Breakfast: coffee and a mini-donut muffin from a nearby bakery that I just discovered.
Breakfast #2: oatmeal with golden raisins and banana, water.
Lunch: half a smoked turkey and cheddar sandwich on wheat bread with lettuce, avocado, and some SPICY dijon mustard from Trader Joe's. Beware!
Snack: a lemon wafer (from above-mentioned bakery), and some of a chocolate peanut butter brownie (frosted with chocolate icing and peanut butter AND peanut butter chips....oh my) and a chocolate mint brownie (frosted with a layer of mint frosting and a layer of chocolate frosting... OH MY)
Dinner: whole wheat pizza with bbq sauce, spinach, mushrooms, cheese, avocado, and cilantro. Sounds like a flavor explosion, and it was! Oh and a Long Trail.

No comments: