Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Keeping the Trouble Out of Paradise

Breakfast: Inspired by "simply breakfast," I've taken to eating the first meal of the day on a tray and putting effort into its presentation (forgot to take a pic though). This morning said tray held a cup of cinnamon tea, a glass of water, a small bowl of All-Bran with milk and a sliced strawberry, and a plate of whole-wheat crackers with plum marmalade, which I don't believe is a natural antibiotic.

Midmorning snack: Banana, "handful" of almonds. (DJ taught me that a handful, the recommended serving size of almonds or any type of nut, is actually about a quarter of what would actually fit in my hand, and it is now what I try to stick to, cause no matter how good the fat is, you can still eat too much of it.)

Lunch: Two slices of leftover roast, salad of lettuce and shredded carrots in oil and vinegar, slice of what might be considered frittata? An eggy-casserole with zucchini/carrots/celery/corn baked in a loaf-pan until golden brown. Spoonful of dulce de leche to accompany small bowl of strawberries.

Dinner: My host fam is determined to celebrate Rosh Hashanah, even though they are Catholic and I refused to go to synagogue. We're having apples, honey, Challah, roast chicken and salad. Suzanna, the of-indigenous-origin housekeeper, said Happy New Year in Hebrew to me this afternoon and I almost fell over; apparently she worked for a Jewish family for 10 years.

This one's
for you, J-Man.

1 comment:

Jazione said...

ahhh Grazi Hermana, nothing tickles me more than seeing men embrace!