Friday, November 21, 2008

The Benefits of Working Late

Tuesday sucked. Though I'm all for working hard, 9am-10pm is just too much for me. And, since I was expecting a short day, the surprise call at 6pm did not leave me happy at all. That said, a wise man once told me: when life gives you coconut milk, make Thai curry! No curry recipes today, but I do have a related story:

As my coworker (Kevin) and I rolled our eyes about having to stay late (unexpectedly), there was a part of each of us that thought: "Now what should we order?" Our boss loves curry, so we decided to humor him by ordering from a Thai restaurant (on the client, of course). The way it works is we each have a $25 limit on the food. Naturally, then, ordering from a standard Thai place meant lots of food, especially considering that we knew our boss wouldn't eat much. The bill came out to be $74.88 on the following order:

1. 3 types of curry.
2. 3 orders of jasmine rice, 2 orders of brown (get those whole grains!)
3. 1 order Pad Thai.
4. 1 order Pad Siew
5. 1 order Thai BBQ Chicken
6. 1 order fried bananas with ice cream.

My boss ate half an order of curry, and Kevin and I made off with lunch for the rest of the week!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

D, I must commend you for your resourcefulness. You obviously you take after your father who wisely stocks an entire freezer full of pesto in case of a sudden basil extinction. The lesson = get it while you can! T-bone is the master of work-sponsored ridiculous dinners (and lunches), we should get her on here - except she's too busy fine dining to be blogging. And Becky! No one is safe!