Thursday, July 24, 2008

current default mode

is set to Indian. Food, that is. I wouldn't have guessed it, but somehow the smoky eggplant and ginger flavors of bhaigan bharta and curries with naan, rice, spicy cashews, pickles, and chaats are really hitting it right now. The great thing is that there is an Indian grocery right down the street from me that makes home-cooked food in the back; and they always have at least 10 choices, plus samosas and all kinds of snacks. It is one of the more amazing deals in my area, and I have been eating there multiple times per week. The woman who serves the food is like my adopted auntie (although I don't think she knows that yet).

breakfast: raisin bagel with butter, coffee.
lunch: i skipped lunch and took a nap.
dinner: eggplant and potatoes, chicken tikka, a potato & pea samosa and a lentil fritter.
dessert: chocolate peanut butter ice cream with reese's pieces. what can i say. i'm also feeling the peanut butter lately.

salute!

1 comment:

Jazione said...

Although my diet is mainly Vermont cafeteria, inspired by the Olympics... I have begun a new excercise program------>
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/07/25/world/asia/25pole.html?_r=1&oref=slogin